About Human Capital Associates
Human Capital Associates (HCA) is an HR Consulting Group focused on providing practical, tactical and strategic Human Resources solutions for privately-held companies, non-profit organizations and professional service firms throughout Northwest Pennsylvania.
Our Human Resources expertise includes: Talent Acquisition, Executive Search and Recruitment, Organizational Design and Effectiveness, Compensation Analysis and Structure, Employee Engagement, HR Analytics and outsourced Human Resources services.
PrincipalAbby Lechner, Principal Owner of Human Capital Associates (HCA), has worked in multiple Human Resources capacities for 16+ years. Her practice is focused on providing practical, tactical and strategic Human Resources solutions for privately-held companies, non-profit organizations and professional services firms throughout Northwest Pennsylvania.
A sampling of Abby’s Human Resources expertise includes: Talent Acquisition, Executive Search and Recruitment, Organizational Design and Effectiveness, Strategic Planning, Compensation Analysis and Structure, Employee Engagement, HR Analytics and outsourced Human Resources services.
Abby earned a BSBA in Human Resource Management from Xavier University (cum laude) in 2002, where she was also a member of the Women’s Rowing Team. She is currently pursuing an Executive Master of Human Resource Management at Cornell University, graduating in 2019.
Abby is an Erie, PA native and graduate of Villa Maria Academy. Abby, her husband, Matt, and their twin daughters take pride in being members of the Erie, PA community. She gives back to the community that has brought her both great personal and professional fulfillment.
Abby has served in the following volunteer capacities:
- Officer, UPMC Hamot Health Foundation Board of Corporators & Annual Corporator Campaign Chairperson
- Board Member, Housing and Neighborhood Development Service (HANDS)
- Executive Committee Member, American Heart Association 2019 Heart Ball
- Member, Erie Community Foundation Women’s Fund
- Member, Manufacturer and Business Association of Northwest Pennsylvania
- Member, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Erie Ambassador, Erie Regional Chamber and Growth Partnership
- Committee Chairperson, Erie Irish Festival
- Member, St. Patrick Catholic Church
- Member, St. Jude School PTO
- Former Board Officer & Special Events Chairperson, Erie Art Museum
- Former Board President & Signature Event Chairperson, SSJ Joseph Neighborhood Network
- Former Board of Corporators Member, St. Vincent Health Center
- Former Development Committee Member, Inner-City Neighborhood Art House
- Former Committee Member, Erie County Historical Society “Farm to Table Dinner”
- Former Committee Member, Niagara League “Mariner’s Ball”
- Former Committee Member, Catholic Charities Ball
What some of our clients are saying...
Smith Provision Company
John R. Weber, President
Abby Lechner of Human Capital Associates is the consummate Human Resources professional. She is experienced, smart, insightful, organized and works tirelessly on behalf of my business...read more
Smith Provision Company
Sara L. Kallner, Vice President, Sales & Marketing
As a Consultant, Abby Lechner has treated Smith’s to insightful and thoughtful strategic planning regarding our policies, procedures and future growth, while embracing our Company’s culture and values...read more
Philip Katen, President & General Manager
I consider Human Capital Associates to be a go-to resource & valued business partner for Plastikos & Micro Mold. Abby is a true professional and brings a wealth of HR knowledge and experience to her projects...read more
Robert Cooney, Manufacturing Manager
Human Capital Associates has been a strategic partner of ours in filling critical positions. I truly appreciate Abby’s level of passion and detail for what she does in assessing the potential fit for any candidate within our organization...read more
Finish Thompson, Inc.
Michael C. Towner, President
Abby Lechner is a Human Resources professional of the highest caliber, character and capability. I have utilized her expertise on multiple critical staff searches, HR policy reviews and compensation strategy development...read more